About The Role
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a world leading organisation? We’re looking for an R&D Systems Engineer to join us as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our motorsport and high performance automotive customers.
You will be involved in many elements and phases of transmission projects such as interfacing customer equipment to Xtrac data loggers or test rigs, whilst working alongside Xtrac engineers and customers to validate and develop new designs. You will also provide guidance on the application of sensor technologies and problem solve issues as they arise. As a result of working on many different projects you will gain exposure to a variety of transmission systems and architectures, and as such you’ll start to build a wide range of knowledge which will help our customers succeed.
You will be relied on for your electrical and electronics engineering skills, gaining a large amount of experience in mechanical engineering and you may even have the opportunity to attend international track events to support our customers.
Your main responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting customer issue resolution.
- Working closely with Mechanical Design Engineers to inform and educate.
- Working closely with Technicians to resolve issues with gearbox and test systems.
- Designing, manufacturing, and assembling safe and certified electrical / electronic modules and test equipment.
- Undertaking condition assessments of electro-mechanical assemblies returned to Xtrac to support product development.
This is a fast paced busy role open to varying levels of experience and offers high job satisfaction so if you’re looking for a hands-on position, with integration between our internal departments and our customers, then this could be the opportunity for you.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for the following skills/experience:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering related discipline or be qualified by experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of vehicle and transmission systems with a good understanding of electronics design, reverse engineering, modification and fault finding.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols such as CAN including associated development/diagnostics tools.
- Working experience of Machinery Directive and PUWER.
- Be able to communicate effectively, cross departmentally and with external customers.
- Have excellent attention to detail and work to a structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work under tight timescales and juggle multiple priorities.
No day is ever the same and priorities and workload can change at a rapid pace and at short notice. As such you’ll need a flexible and willing attitude to ensure the role is fulfilled at all times.
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well