About the role
Xtrac are looking for a CNC Programming Team, Leader to join our busy and expanding factory. This role will provide leadership to the CNC programming team, ensuring machines are loaded appropriately, work is completed in the correct order and priorities are communicated to the night shift team.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Manager, you will be responsible for delegating and managing workload, and developing the performance of the team and leading them through a period of growth. This is a hands-on role, and the successful candidate may be required to operate a machine alongside managing the team; ensuring that process operators are prepared for their next job and that productivity and quality is timely and efficient.
You will take a proactive approach to identifying and communicating improvement opportunities to ensure factory key performance indicators are met and take responsibility for one to one’s/PDR’s with your team members, providing support and guidance where required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- Qualified to HNC level in Engineering
- Extensive on the job training in Fanuc CNC Machining and Programming
- Expertise in Fanuc CNC Programming language
- Expertise in CNC Milling (3, 4 & 5 axis) including casting machines
- In-depth knowledge of Siemens NX and Vericut
- Extensive experience of Fanuc CNC Programming and CNC Milling
- Good organisation and workload management skills
- Experience of leading, guiding and supporting a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
If you are organised, adaptable with great communication skills then this could be the opportunity for you.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn