The P1002 axle is one of Xtrac’s legacy products, which whilst not currently in production, spares and technical support are still available upon request.
The 1002 axle package has been produced by Milspec and in partnership with Xtrac is configured to be a superior compatible fit for the HMT vehicle platform. Offering a step change in capability, the combination of front and rear axles in 4×4 configuration utilises Milspec’s unprecedented field knowledge and Xtrac’s legendary rally raid record for reliability to produce a total performance product.
- Designed for the 7.6tonne (4×4) and compatible for, the (6×6) HMT variants
- 700Nm maximum engine torque, 185BHP maximum power input
- Compatible with the Allison 2500 5-speed auto transmission
- Aluminium L169 casing material with all interfaces utilising captive ‘O’-ring seal technology.
- All mounting points inserted for reliability.
- Bespoke speed sensing Differential with a choice of settings.
- Ground helical and bevel gear tooth forms designed for strength and low noise signature
- Hi/Lo speed selection from existing vehicle system
- Overall axle ratios of Hi 1.522:1 and Lo 3.127:1
- Xtrac manufactured Output flanges are included to suit 100mm PCD, type 18, CV joints.
- Internal wet sump lubrication system with porting provided for external pump and cooler
- Input and output flange lip seals with additional dust shields.
- Gears and shafts are manufactured in Xtrac’s own grades of high performance steel
- Highly stressed components are shot peened.
- Weights are designed as 84kg (Axle 1) & 97kg (Axle 2) subject to final confirmation.
The Axles Offer The Following Benefits
- Speed sensing, passive characteristic utilising Xtrac’s unparalleled expertise.
- No requirement for driver intervention in diff locking control
- Cost effective, reliable solution