P416 TOURING CAR GEARBOX
The P416 gearbox is one of Xtrac's legacy products, which whilst not currently in production, spares and technical support are still available upon request.
A transverse six speed sequential racing gearbox, primarily designed for use in FWD Touring Car and Rally Car applications.
The unit is a re-package of the successful ‘P406’ FWD Touring Car gearbox, which has been utilised as the specification gearbox for the British Touring Car Championship since 2001 before being superseded by Xtrac’s 516 gearbox. The 416 design gives a lower center of gravity, and the encapsulating cluster casting makes it easier to remove the cluster for ratio changes.
The P416 gearbox is also approved for use in the SCCA Speed World Challenge Touring Car Championship and was used by all of the top ten finishing drivers in the 2009 championship.
Value engineered to meet strict cost constraints this gearbox offers the highest quality at a cost effective price.
• 350Nm (260lbf ft) maximum input torque capacity*
• 6 speeds with sequential gearchange selection
• Suits installations with gearbox on L.H. side of chassis
• Differential is an Xtrac cassette type plate unit with a choice of ramp angles, plate and preload settings, (quick change diff cassette is easy to remove)
• Bell crank actuated gearchange rack reduces wear and improves gearchange performance
• Aluminum L169 castings, with ‘O’-Ring face sealing
• Clutch shaft to suit customer installation is included
• Xtrac ’Pin pawl’ ratchet and pawl gearchange assembly
• Low gearchange barrel and Final Drive position
• Left hand output flange is integral with the differential, to suit GI 82 size tripode joint
• Wet sump standard lubrication system (see options below)
• Clutch release slave cylinder (AP CP3859-1250)
• Gearbox weight is approximately 36.5kg (80.5lb)*
THE GEARBOX OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
• Light, positive sequential gearchange
• Easily removable cluster for ratio changes
• Low centre of Gravity
• Cost effective, reliable solution
• Super polished gear ratios (Xtrem Process)
• Single stage oil pump/filter lubrication system
• Gearchange potentiometer, mounting and display
• Quick release detent cable
• In car gear lever assembly
• Cross shaft assembly
Call me back
Please fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back