About The Job
We are seeking a Technical Buyer to support the significant growth of our business and to strengthen our busy Procurement team.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of a range of complex mechanical components which are used in our innovative transmission systems. These are supplied to the world’s top racing teams including Formula 1 as well as the next generation of high-performance Hybrid and EV Hypercars.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, who can prioritise effectively in a fast-moving environment. You will be a confident communicator and negotiator with the ability to build strong and positive relationships with our suppliers whilst ensuring that our end customer is satisfied on time in full.
Whilst the role will have a tactical focus, we are seeking an individual who has a strategic capability and willingness to deliver projects that continually improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes, but we would also be interested in speaking to candidates who may not have all the experience but can demonstrate the enthusiasm and drive to acquire the skills rapidly.
- Significant experience in an Engineering procurement role
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Knowledge of casting and machining manufacturing processes.
- Experience in the procurement of castings and complex machined parts
- Competent user of ERP systems & able to follow BOM structures
- Well-developed interpersonal and organisation skills
- Skilled negotiator on both cost and delivery schedules
- Experience in the Automotive sector
- Familiarity with IATF16949 and PPAP
- Experience of sourcing new suppliers potentially covering new technologies