About the role
Xtrac are looking for a Team Leader to oversee our busy and expanding weekend shift. This role will provide leadership to the weekend machining team, consisting of CNC Turners, Millers, Gear Cutters, Grinders and Parts Finishers.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Manager, you will be responsible for delegating and managing workload, managing and developing the performance of the team, deputising in the absence of the Plant Manager. This is a hands on role and the successful candidate will be required to operate a machine alongside managing the team; ensuring that process operators are prepared for their next job and that productivity and quality is timely and efficient.
You will take a proactive approach to identifying and communicating improvement opportunities to ensure factory key performance indicators are met and take responsibility for one to one’s/PDR’s with your team members, providing support and guidance where required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- Relevant management training
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering and Manufacturing processes, such as CNC Machining, Grinding and Inspection
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally Epicor
- 5 years’ experience working in a multi-skilled manufacturing environment
- Good organisation and workload management skills
- Experience of leading, guiding and supporting a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
If you are organised, adaptable with great communication skills then this could be the opportunity for you.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn