About The Job
The overall objective is to provide day to day leadership to the Stores team, distributing workload and expectations in order to achieve the required departmental output. It is expected that the Team Leader role will typically take around 20-25% of an individual’s time during a working week, with the remaining time spent working in a direct, hands on capacity. However, it is acknowledged that at certain times of the year (such as PDR period) the allowable time performing these duties may have cause to increase.
- Ensure that they / their team members and visitors comply with the safety requirements of their area, including but not limited to Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ensure that operations carried out by their team are conducted in accordance with the relevant safety documentation (Risk Assessment / COSHH etc.)
- Ensure safe working practices are in place by liaising with their H&S Workforce Representative department manager to escalate any issues / incidents.
- Be aware of daily team attendance and planned absences.
- Ensure that daily / weekly / monthly checks are completed e.g. tasks relating to the safe operation of the forklift truck
- Ensure that any new team members are trained in accordance with the Company and Work Area induction pack.
- Ensure the team maintain clean and tidy work areas at all times (5S).
- Participate in and utilise their skills to solve work related problems e.g. stock discrepancies or shipping queries with couriers
- Ensure that team members adhered to written processes, procedures and standards.
- Control / replenish area consumable stock.
- Responsible for identifying any consumable items (e.g. Cardboard boxes, plastic packaging, paper etc) that require re-ordering
- Ensuring the team use the work to list in the correct sequence
- Ensuring that goods are despatched in accordance with the prescribed sequence
People / Process Management
- Lead by example and manage daily issues of performance / conduct by coaching team members.
- Have awareness of hours their individual team members are available to work with respect to any agreed overtime (by maintaining the Overtime List), planning team member holiday and associated workload level.
- Maintain team discipline in line with company policy and escalate any significant issues to the MP&L Manager.
- Conduct a PDR with each team member on a yearly basis, with relevant guidance and support from their Manager.
- Promote effective cross-shift/departmental communications.
- Communicate any significant issues to their Manager
- Ensure that the daily team SQCDP Board is maintained / communicated and actions are closed / escalated as required.
- Managing local improvement opportunities identified by their team or themselves.
- Participate in Practical Problem Solving activities and ensure that their team actions are completed.
- Responsible for promoting continuous improvement to their team.
You will have a good general level of education, ideally you will have undertaken leadership training and previous experience in an engineering environment.
Having knowledge of leadership and management skills and the ability to optimise team performance and development is essential for the successful candidate. Ideally you will have knowledge of Microsoft Office, a good understanding of Engineering Drawings and of ERP Systems. Ideally you will have a good understanding of lean manufacturing tools (5S, visual management etc.) and systems.
Experience of an engineering environment is essential and ideally this will be from a Motorsport, Automotive or Aerospace environment.
The successful candidate must be action orientated, have strong communication skills, be able to work quickly and accurately to procedures, rules and regulations, have good levels of integrity, confidence, independence and collaboration skills, be able to work within a team environment and have effective verbal and written communication skills.