About the role
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work within a world leading organisation?
Our busy R&D team are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to manage the loaded test rig facility, ensuring that the methods we use are appropriate for the needs of the organisation and our customers.
As part of this role you will be guiding Engineers and Technicians in the application of methods required to aid the development of validation testing, implementing improvements when required.
You will take responsibility for managing, maintaining and developing Xtrac’s loaded test rigs, delivering a safe, reliable and high-performance test environment and supporting transmission manufacture by assisting end-of-line testing.
Other accountabilities will include co-ordinating test requirements and operating the test rigs to ensure extensive test programs are completed ahead of customer deliver.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level education in an engineering related discipline (or be qualified by experience in a similar role)
- Experience operating and maintaining loaded full transmission, vehicle or engine test rigs.
- Experience using Sierra Cadet system, including test creation and scheduling.
- Knowledge of complex test systems and control.
- Good understanding of data logging concepts.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical principles in automotive and motorsport vehicle systems.
- Understand the basics of transmission functionality
You will also be:
- An excellent communicator
- Organised and methodical
- Confident working under pressure
- Detail focused
So why work with us?
It is an exciting time to join Xtrac as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our Motorsport and High-Performance Automotive customers. We offer a busy and unique place of work, with both design and production under one roof, and exposure to different disciplines across the Mechanical Engineering sector.
Whether it’s our competitive salaries, one of our annual staff events or our ‘random acts of kindness’, we like to make sure our employees are recognised and valued.
If you want to work at a place which is dynamic, innovative and the global leader in its field then this could be just the opportunity for you.
Please note – we are not accepting CV’s from agencies for this role.