About the role
Xtrac are looking for a Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer to take ownership of and deliver electronic hardware projects.
If you want to work at a place which is dynamic, innovative and the global leader in its field then look no further. At Xtrac we offer exciting opportunities, competitive salaries, and a unique place of work, having both design and production under one roof. Whether it’s one of our annual staff events or our ‘random acts of kindness’, we like to make sure our employees are recognised and appreciated.
Xtrac’s own range of gearboxes, controllers and actuators gives complete ownership of the mechanical hardware, electrical hardware, software and calibration of the gearbox package. This full system approach is an exciting and unique opportunity to work on cutting edge projects. You will be overseeing and technically managing the design and incorporation of electronic assemblies within the transmission and vehicle systems. Ensuring activities are delivered on time to the specification.
Reporting to the Head of Control Systems and Electronics, you will take responsibility for electronic hardware development projects and technically supervise and co-ordinate engineers to undertake development projects.
We are looking for high driven team player, organised and methodical with a passion for problem solving. You will have a Minimum of BEng or BSc (or similar), Degree or higher in mechanical, mechatronic, electrical, electronic or control system engineering and ideally be an incorporated or chartered engineer, or actively striving to become incorporated or chartered.
With at least 5 years’ experience as an Electronic Hardware Engineer in an automotive environment you will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of electronic design, and a knowledge of microprocessors, wiring and sensors selection for use in automotive applications.
- Excellent IT skills and a knowledge of Word and Excel.
- A good understanding of transmission systems such as AMT, DCT, planetary auto, CVT, single speed reducers.
- A working knowledge of networking, communication, and calibration protocols CAN, CCP/XCP, UDS, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet)
- A working knowledge of, or application of:
- UNECE Regulation 155 and ISO/SAE 21434
- Experience of generating requirements and specifications for electronic hardware used in high performance powertrain applications.
- Able to create circuit schematics, PCB layouts and drawings of electronic assemblies and piece parts.
- Skilled at creating wiring schematics and physical harness drawings.
- Experience of automotive component selection, including sensors, and circuit design.
- Dilligent at documenting design calculations, worst-case analysis, assembly instructions, BoMs and test procedures.
- Previous experience of EMC, ESD and environmental compliance design and testing.
- Experience with verification and validation techniques using SIL, PIL, HIL, test rigs and vehicle testing.
- Proactive in development and review processes such as HARA, DFMEA, peer reviews, calibration reviews.
- Able to work with suppliers and manufacturers during the design and production phases.
If you are a strong communicator with an organised and structured approach to problem solving, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Here at Xtrac, we are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the most prestigious motorsport events so naturally we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time to join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn