About The Job
We are seeking a Senior Buyer/Technical Buyer to support the significant growth of our business and also to strengthen our busy Procurement team.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of a range of complex mechanical components which are used in our innovative transmission systems. These are supplied to the world’s top racing teams including Formula 1 as well as the next generation of ultra-high performance hybrid and EV hypercars.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, who can prioritise effectively in a fast moving environment. You will be a confident communicator and negotiator with the ability to build strong and positive relationships with our suppliers whilst ensuring that our end customer is satisfied OTIF.
Whilst the role will have a tactical focus, we are seeking an individual who has a strategic capability and is also able to act as deputy for the Purchasing Manager when required. We would also anticipate the post holder taking some responsibility from the Purchasing Manager in the future.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes, but we would also be interested in speaking to candidates who may not have all of the experience but can demonstrate the enthusiasm and drive to acquire the skills rapidly.
- Significant experience in an Engineering procurement role
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Competent user of ERP systems & able to follow BOM structures
- Well-developed interpersonal and organisation skills
- Skilled negotiator on both cost and delivery schedules
- Experience in the Automotive sector
- Familiarity with IATF16949 and PPAP
- Experience in the procurement of castings and complex machined parts
- Experience of sourcing new suppliers potentially covering new technologies