About The Job
We are seeking a Research and Development Technician to support the rapid growth of our business and strengthen our busy Research and Development team.
The overall objective includes undertaking transmission quality assurance testing and initial build validation. The role includes operating test rigs to support in-house testing, customer testing or product and materials development. You will also be maintaining, supporting and developing the Research and Development laboratory area. The department needs to be highly flexible to meet business needs and consequentially requires an individual who can adapt to changing priorities and occasional evening or weekend work.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Undertake build quality assurance through running the end of line test rigs.
- Run all Xtrac test rigs in support of test programs, including internal development and customer testing.
- Collate data and present the findings in the form of short reports and graphs.
- Assemble and maintain test rigs and test equipment, including data logging systems.
- Document test processes and communicate findings both orally and in the form of reports.
- Maintain and develop the R&D working environment, including rig servicing, document updates and calibration support.
- Provide advice to Engineers.
- Assist in investigative research and component or assembly failures.
- Undertake personnel development and attend reviews as required.
- Observe the Health and Safety rules at all times.
- Follow company quality procedures, standards and work instructions
- Carry out any reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
The successful candidate will be educated to a minimum of HNC level in an engineering related discipline. You will have knowledge of vehicles and transmission systems along with an understanding of basic mechanical and electrical principles. Ideally you will have an understanding of data logging and material testing however this is not necessary.
Experience of working in an Engineering environment is essential for the successful candidate. Ideally you will also have experience within basic assembly, maintenance and/or machining experience or basic electronics and electrical experience such as microcontrollers, PLC etc, however this is not essential.
You must have the ability to work as part of a team and undertake a structured approach to problem solving. Good organisation and time management skills are fundamental in the department in order to manage your workload and meet deadlines as and when the priorities change. You will have excellent communication skills to ensure good working relations both internally and externally. You will be able to interpret component part, assembly drawing and written documents. You will also have excellent IT skills and a working experience of Office products and industry software.