About the role
We are recruiting for an experienced, dynamic and passionate R&D Test Manager to work in our fast-paced Thatcham facility developing the world-leading transmissions.
You will be managing the delivery of initial build validation and development testing. In some exceptional circumstances there may be a requirement to operate a test rig to support delivery.
You will be responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the R&D laboratory area and test rigs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Promote, ensure the use of, and maintain calibrated measurement equipment and adherence to Xtrac quality procedures such as test documentation.
- Maintain and develop the R&D working environment, including equipment maintenance, equipment updates and repairs, document updates and calibration.
- Management of all aspects of validation testing, including workflow, resourcing and planning equipment allocations.
- Management and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians, including workload, hours, holiday and personal development.
- Management of the assembly and commissioning of test rigs and test equipment, both mechanically and electrically, and management of subsequent maintenance schedule of those rigs.
- Operate and encourage an environment of continuous improvement.
- Collate data and present the findings in the form of reports and graphs.
- Always observe the health and safety rules, and continuously work to improve the safety of the department.
- Attend reviews as required and ensure R&D views are represented and provide feedback to engineers.
You will be driven by nature and have excellent communications skills to ensure a good working relationship with other technicians, in-house engineers and customers.
A minimum of an HNC in an engineering related discipline is required, along with IOSH Managing Safely Course or the equivalent.
You will have a good understanding of mechanical and electrical principles in automotive and motorsport vehicle systems and a good understanding of test working practices.
You will have previous experience of managing a test lab environment and a small and highly-technical team.
You will have the ability to lead and develop a team with excellent intrapersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening to promote a positive team environment.
Good organisation and time-management skills to manage workload and meet deadlines in a department where work priorities can change very quickly.
Xtrac is the world’s leading supplier of high-performance transmissions for top level professional motorsport and high performance automotive applications.
We are proud to employ some of the leading people in our industry, and we recognise that our people are the driving force to our key successes.
Our products are used internationally across the most prestigious motorsport events so naturally we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn