About The Role
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a world leading organisation? We’re looking for an R&D Test Engineer to join us as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our motorsport and high performance automotive customers.
Xtrac operates two high performance full transmission loaded test systems which are used for development and end of line testing. Taking overall responsibility for the safe operation and maintenance of these test systems, you will work closely with Xtrac engineers, technicians and customers to deliver effective, efficient and reliable test validation programs. As a result of working on many different projects you will gain exposure to a variety of gearbox systems and architectures, and as such you’ll start to build a knowledgebase which helps our customers succeed.
You will gain a large amount of experience across different disciplines including electrical & electronic engineering, mechanical engineering and help to safely deliver a high performance and reliable product to our customers.
Your main responsibilities will also include:
- Helping Xtrac engineers and customers to deliver the objectives of test programs.
- Integrating customer control units with Xtrac test equipment and control systems.
- Supporting test rig issue resolution and working closely with suppliers.
- Leading the installation and operation of new tests setups.
- Leading safety and maintenance requirements for the test rigs and the surrounding facility, including conducting risk assessments and closing issues identified as a result of the assessments.
This is a fast pace, busy role offering high job satisfaction so if you’re looking for a hands-on role, with integration between our internal departments and our customers and you have a passion for R&D, then this could be the opportunity for you.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for the following skills/experience:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering related discipline or be qualified by experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of complex test systems and control with a good understanding of data logging concepts.
- Experience operating and maintaining loaded full transmission, vehicle or engine test rigs.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to complete risk assessments with a working knowledge of PUWER and Machinery Directive.
- A structured approach to test specification execution.
- Good organisation and time-management skills to manage workload and meet deadlines in a department where work priorities can change very quickly.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure a good working relationship with technicians, engineers and customers.
- The ability to interpret component part and assembly drawings.
No day is ever the same and sometimes things change at a rapid pace, so you’ll have a flexible and willing attitude to ensure the role is fulfilled at all times and potentially at short notice.
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well