About The Role
We are recruiting ! Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a world leading organisation? We’re looking for an R&D Technician to join us as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our motorsport and high performance automotive customers.
Xtrac operates two high performance full transmission loaded test systems which are used for development and end of line testing. Taking overall responsibility for the safe operation and maintenance of these test systems, you will work closely with Xtrac engineers, technicians and customers to deliver effective, efficient and reliable test validation programs. As a result of working on many different projects you will gain exposure to a variety of gearbox systems and architectures, and as such you’ll start to build a knowledgebase which helps our customers succeed.
You will gain a large amount of experience across different disciplines including electrical & electronic engineering, mechanical engineering and help to safely deliver a high performance and reliable product to our customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Validation of transmission initial build and testing.
- Operate Xtrac test rigs to support in-house testing, customer testing or product & materials development.
- Undertake build quality assurance through running the end of line test rigs.
- Reporting on data, presenting the findings in the form of short reports and graphs.
- Assemble and maintain test rigs and test equipment, including data logging systems.
- Document test processes, communicate findings both orally and in the form of reports.
- Maintain and develop the R&D working environment and laboratory area, including rig servicing, document updates and calibration support.
- Assist with investigative research and component or assembly failures.
- Adhere to company quality procedures, standards and work instructions
This is a fast paced environment and busy role, offering high job satisfaction so if you’re looking for a hands-on role, with integration between our internal departments and our customers and you have a passion for R&D, then this could be the opportunity for you.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for the following skills/experience:
- HNC with in an Engineering related discipline.
- Knowledge of vehicle and transmission systems and understanding of basic mechanical and electrical principles.
- An understanding of data logging concepts and basic material testing knowledge.
- Experience of working within an Engineering environment.
- Basic assembly, maintenance and/or machining experience.
- Basic electronics and electrical experience, such as microcontrollers, PLC, etc.
- The ability to interpret component part, assembly drawings and written documents.
- Attention to detail and a desire to ensure all tasks are executed correctly and on time.
- Methodical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills, managing workload and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring an effective working relationship across the business, our customers, and stakeholders.
Its an ever-changing environment where priorities can change very quickly, and no two days are ever the same, being flexible and adaptable to ensure the role is fulfilled at all times and potentially at short notice is crucial.
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well