Xtrac are looking for R&D Engineers and you could be just the person for the role.
So why work with us? At Xtrac we offer exciting opportunities, competitive salaries and a unique place of work, having both design and production under one roof. Whether it’s the annual summer BBQ or our ‘random acts of kindness’, we like to make sure our employees are recognised and appreciated.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a world leading organisation? We’re looking for an R&D Engineer to join us as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our motorsport and high performance automotive customers.
You’ll be managing all elements and phases of transmission development projects, from working with our Design Engineers and customers to produce accurate test specifications, making recommendations on rig testing, through to the design and development of tooling and vehicle testing. As a result of managing the full end to end process, you’ll be analysing data and recording documentation to support your findings and within a role with great exposure to a lot of gearbox designs, you’ll start to build a knowledgebase on helps our customers succeed.
You’ll gain a huge amount of exposure to different disciplines across mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, data logging and even the opportunity to attend races as track support to our customers internationally.
Your main responsibilities will also include:
- Planning and managing “First Build” validation testing on new products
- Identifying tooling requirements for testing and producing details drawings for parts using Siemens NX CAD
- Running test rigs including end of line build quality assurance
- Undertake condition assessments of gearboxes returned to Xtrac to support product development
This is a fast pace, busy role but offers complete job satisfaction so if you’re looking for a hands-on role, with integration between our internal departments and our customers and you have a passion for R&D, then this could be the opportunity for you.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for the following skills/experience:
- 2 years experience in an Engineering environment
- Educated to degree level in an engineering related discipline or be qualified by experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of vehicle and transmission systems with a good understanding of data logging concepts
- Experience of interpreting and creating engineering drawings with CAD skills
- Be able to communicate effectively, cross departmentally and with external customers
- Have excellent attention to detail and work to a structured approach to be able to follow strict specifications
- Ability to work under tight timescales and juggle multiple priorities
No day is ever the same and sometimes things change at a rapid pace, so you’ll have a flexible and willing attitude to ensure the role is fulfilled at all times and potentially at short notice.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn
If you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity, you could be just what Xtrac are looking for.