Who are we?
It is an exciting time to join Xtrac as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our motorsport and high performance automotive customers. We offer a busy and unique place of work, with both design and production under one roof, and exposure to different disciplines across the mechanical engineering sector.
We are at the forefront of a once-in-a-generation opportunity as the automotive industry transitions from internal combustion to electric and hybrid and our experienced and dedicated teams are using the latest cutting-edge technology to achieve this transition.
No two days are the same and the role will be managing all elements of transmission development projects, from working with our Design Engineers and customers to produce accurate test specifications to the design and development of tooling and vehicle testing. As a result of managing the full end to end process, you’ll be analysing data and recording documentation to support your findings, building, and developing a knowledge base to ensure success.
What will you be doing?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a world leading organisation? We’re looking for an R&D Engineer to join us as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our motorsport and high performance automotive customers.
You’ll be managing all elements and phases of transmission development projects, from working with our Design Engineers and customers to produce accurate test specifications, making recommendations on rig testing, through to the design and development of tooling and vehicle testing. As a result of managing the full end to end process, you’ll be analysing data and recording documentation to support your findings and within a role with great exposure to a lot of gearbox designs, you’ll start to build a knowledgebase on helps our customers succeed.
You’ll gain a huge amount of exposure to different disciplines across mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, data logging and even the opportunity to attend races as track support to our customers internationally.
Your main responsibilities will also include:
- Planning and managing “First Build” validation testing on new products
- Identifying tooling requirements for testing and producing details drawings for parts using Siemens NX CAD
- Running test rigs including end of line build quality assurance
- Undertake condition assessments of gearboxes returned to Xtrac to support product development
This is a fast pace, busy role but offers complete job satisfaction so if you’re looking for a hands-on role, with integration between our internal departments and our customers and you have a passion for R&D, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering related discipline.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Experienced in the interpretation and creation of engineering drawings with CAD skills.
You will also have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an engineering environment
- Relevant knowledge of vehicle and transmission systems
- Good understanding of data logging concepts.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
To find out more about the role and what Xtrac could offer you, please click here.