About The Role
We are seeking a Proprietary Buyer to support the significant growth of our business and to strengthen our Procurement team.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of a range of direct and indirect products which are used in our innovative transmission systems. These are supplied to the world’s top racing teams including Formula 1 as well as the next generation of high-performance Hybrid and EV Hypercars.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, who can prioritise effectively in a fast-moving environment. You will be a confident communicator and negotiator with the ability to build strong and positive relationships with our suppliers whilst ensuring that our end customer is satisfied on time in full.
Whilst the role will have a tactical focus, we are seeking an individual who has a strategic capability and willingness to deliver projects that continually improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes, but we would also be interested in speaking to candidates who may not have all the experience but can demonstrate the enthusiasm and drive to acquire the skills rapidly.
- Sourcing and quoting direct and in-direct goods and services.
- Raising and managing Proprietary, Subcontract and in-direct orders.
- Supplier management.
- External & internal expediting, liaising with internal Planners.
- General order administration using company’s ERP system.
- Provide company wide support to all purchasing activity.
- Liaise with Finance department to resolve invoicing queries.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a Procurement department and in a similar role
- Well-developed interpersonal and organisation skills
- Skilled negotiator on both cost and delivery schedules
- Well organised with sound time management
- Strategic thinker
- Persistent expeditor
- Motorsport/Automotive or Manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of Epicor ERP or similar
- Knowledge of proprietary markets for Bearings, Seals etc
- Knowledge of raw materials
- Familiarity with IATF16949 and PPAP
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well