About the role
At Xtrac, we design and develop transmission systems for a diverse range of customers and these products are increasingly complex, requiring input from numerous Engineering disciplines. As a Principal Systems Engineer you will set the standard for the application of the Systems Engineering processes and techniques within Xtrac that we use to guide the development of these systems.
Using your experience, you will ensure that the methods we use are appropriate for the needs of the organisation and tailored to allow projects to progress at the pace our customers demand. You will continuously review these methods, recommending and implementing improvements when required.
You will guide other Systems Engineers in the application of our processes, and make sure that stakeholders outside the Systems Engineering team are involved in a timely and effective manner. Leading by example, you will undertake Systems Engineering activities across the lifecycle of Xtrac projects yourself, ensuring the successful delivery of complex products.
You will represent the Systems Engineering function across the organisation, and also to external stakeholders such as customers, partners and suppliers.
We are looking for someone that enjoys being part of a fast-paced, engaging environment and working with a passionate and driven team. You will have initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach, with the ability to work to deadlines when required.
You will also have:
- Extensive experience of leading Systems Engineering activities for complex, multi-disciplinary projects within a relevant industry environment (e.g. automotive, aerospace, defence).
- BSc or BEng in Systems Engineering or relevant discipline
- A focus on pragmatic application of best-practice techniques is essential, with an ability to tailor the SE approach to suit the organisation and the project.
- A working knowledge of requirements management in ALM/PLM and of system architecture tools is required (such as Polarion, Teamcenter, DOORS, Enterprise Architect, etc).
- The skills and knowledge to create standards and work instructions for typical SE processes and tasks.
- Good communication skills and have demonstrated the ability to manage both people and workload.
Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering is preferred and ideally you will have experience of implementing new or expanding existing SE processes and techniques within an organisation.
So why join us?
It is an exciting time to join Xtrac as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our Motorsport and High-Performance Automotive customers. We offer a busy and unique place of work, with both design and production under one roof, and exposure to different disciplines across the Mechanical Engineering sector.
Whether it’s our competitive salaries, one of our annual staff events or our ‘random acts of kindness’, we like to make sure our employees are recognised and valued.
If you want to work at a place which is dynamic, innovative and the global leader in its field then this could be just the opportunity for you.