About The Job
The overall objective of the programming position is to produce part programs and to help design and arrange the purchase of tooling for Milling manufacturing to the company quality standard.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To produce part programs using Edge-cam, mainly Siemens NX11 and Vericut 9.0
- To understand and assist Production Engineering with methods of manufacture (including work holding and cutting tools) and make known what purchases are required.
- To aid in the design and manufacture of work holding fixtures and devices.
- To attend formal design reviews as appropriate in order to communicate Production Engineering issues related to particular projects.
- To consult with Production Control for work requirements.
- To provide manufacturing advice to Xtrac Engineers.
- To production engineering drawings, including determining and understanding specific tooling requirements and checking the availability of tooling required.
- To be part of the personal development process and attend reviews as required.
- To observe the Health and Safety rules at all times.
- To follow the company quality procedures.
- To carry out any reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
The successful candidate will have a mechanical/engineering background and have undertaken an apprenticeship.
You must have working knowledge of Edgecam, Siemens NX and Vericut software. Ideally you will have knowledge of Fanuc and Yasnac controls. Having knowledge of 3,4 and 5 axis vertical machining centres and 4 and 5 axis horizontal machining is advantageous however not a must. Whereas having good knowledge of speeds and feeds as well as a good level of word address programs is required.
You will have experience in programming CNC Milling machines, have tool making/CNC milling experience and have experience working with small batches to short leads times.
Having the ability to work under pressure in an unsupervised environment is critical for the role.