About The Job
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to deliver the production plan whilst resolving any barriers to production fulfillment. You will also improve overall product quality using technical expertise to both mature and new products throughout the factory.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for the following SQCDP duties:
- To observe and comply to Health and Safety rules always and to raise any Health and Safety concerns with management immediately.
- To ensure manufacturing processes and capable of achieving the required production rate, cost and quality in a safe manner.
- To raise/answer NCR’s / DMR’s as and when appropriate
- To capture, analyse and use data to improve the current and future capability of manufacturing processes
- To advise corrective action to manufacturing queries and non-conformance and provide feedback to Engineering as appropriate.
- The maintenance and development of new and existing production processes to meet SQCDP targets
- Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes and technologies to meet current or future requirements
- To undertake revisions to the Manufacturing Method for production parts.
- To interface with and provide guidance to Engineering, Commercial and Operations departments.
- To support sub-contract and shop floor technical queries for individual parts managed by the job holder.
- Contribute to DFMEA sessions and DFM workshops as defined in Xtrac NPI process. Lead/contribute to creation and maintenance of PFMEA and develop improvements plans
- Capability acquisition, installation and process/equipment layout. To keep up to date with latest engineering technology and production processes.
- Be hands on, approachable and have a desire to resolve problems
- To follow Company quality Procedures, Standards and Work Instructions.
- To keep up to date with latest engineering technology and production processes.
- To undertake personnel development.
- To work to a high and consistent standard especially when under pressure
We are seeking an individual who has a HNC/HND in either a manufacturing or mechanical engineering discipline. You’ll have knowledge of the basics of transmission functionality, a general understanding of manufacturing processes and have strong experience in a production or engineering environment.
You’ll need a high level of competency with all Microsoft applications and an appreciation of databases. Be a confident communicator both internally and to suppliers and have good numerical and statistical skills.
Ideally the successful candidate will have knowledge of the following, however, these are not a must.
- The basics of transmission functionality
- Awareness of Inspection and Measurement techniques
- Have awareness of APQP process according to automotive customer requirements
- A good working knowledge of draughting standards, geometric tolerances and manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of IMDS
- Practical use of FMEA, DFM and use of root cause analysis tools and techniques
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well