About The Job
As Xtrac’s Demand Planning Manager your focus will be to support the long term strategic growth of our business by aligning the supply chain requirements to deliver our advanced transmission systems in demanding motorsport and high performance automotive markets. Working as part of a dedicated business planning team you will lead the IBP Supply process and ensure availability of manufacturing capacity (internal and external) to meet the requirements of the Demand plan. The role interfaces with a cross section of colleagues within the business including the Company Board, IBP Demand, Portfolio, Finance and HR Leaders, Operations Senior Management, Technical and Commercial colleagues.
You will ensure that the Supply function is aligned with the overall objectives of the business by aggregating the capacity requirements (whether human, physical, financial or technological) and produce forward scenario plans, identifying conflicts and instigating mitigation plans. As an advocate of continuous improvement, you will lead process definition and change through the Supply function to integrate all aspects of the supply chain. You will take a hands-on approach to the development and delivery of key performance metrics within the IBP Supply process, improving efficiency, productivity and reducing lead times.
As part of the IBP team you will have a clear focus on following the IBP process with commitment to representing the Supply function professionally at all times. The role is pivotal in ensuring alignment of long-term strategic growth plans for the business and our operational capabilities.
We’re looking for candidates who possess the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in an Engineering Operations environment, skilled in modern planning methodologies with knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes
- Prior experience in an equivalent IBP or S&OP role is preferred
- Demonstrate a methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Excellent analytical ability: able to extract from and use multiple data sources to analyse business requirements within the IBP horizon. Able to develop this analysis into strategic recommendations (short, medium and long term) for Supply within the overall business plan
- Advanced Excel qualifications (including VBA and power query) & ideally experience in ERP (Epicor) and Power BI
- Detailed understanding of ERP principles
- Proficient with Visual basic / SQL desired
- Able to present and clearly communicate using a range of methods e.g. PowerPoint, online, F2F
- Must be a strong collaborator with excellent communication, analytical and influencing skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where not one day is the same
- Good communication skills and problem-solving ability, with a “can do” positive attitude