About The Role
We’re looking for 2 Team Leaders for our Heat Treatment department, on both our day and night shift to drive cultural change and engagement, productivity and process improvements, workload management and deliverables.
As a technically capable and experienced heat treatment operative, you’ll be able to step into the role of Team Leader whilst also getting your hands dirty and supporting the team members with the activities when required.
Our Heat Treatment department is one of the busiest areas of our factory; with product coming in and out of the department at various stages throughout the production cycle. It’s also a high risk area so safety needs to be top of the agenda for everything we do, so we’re looking for someone who can take control in an organised manner, allocate the workload effectively and always look to improve the ways we work to ensure we can not only maintain, but increase output in the department.
We’ll also be looking to you to actively encourage and get involved with the development of your people in the department, both current and future staff, which will also include your input into our recruitment drives.
We’re looking for the successful candidate to have the following skills, abilities and behaviours:
- Excellent understanding of Heat Treatment processes and procedures
- Good understanding of engineering drawings
- Knowledge of a manufacturing process and its principles
- Be cautious, aware, follow and promote health and safety policies and guidelines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to boost team moral and promote an enjoyable yet productive place to work
- Have a good team ethic and the nature to want to support your team and wider colleagues for the benefit of everyon
As this is a team leader role, it would be great if you had some leadership experience however we are able to support you in the training of this if you don’t – we’re mostly interested in your attitude and behaviours.