About the role
We’re looking for experienced Grinders to join our expanding workforce as we continue to grow to set, programme, edit, operate and run a wide range of CNC and Manual Grinding machines to produce transmission parts to the company quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set, operate and run both CNC and Manual grinding machines
- Carry out programming and editing functions to produce high quality components to drawing specification and quality
- Create & save a comprehensive set up procedure document for work undertaken
- Store and maintain all tooling/gauging linked to the process
- Liaise with the Manufacturing Support Office to discuss manufacturing issues and label defective parts
- Carry out nital etch inspection when required
- Inspect/buddy check/self – inspect first off
- Complete all necessary job cards and associated documentation, pack in appropriate packaging and relocate to next operation
- Reliably record setting and production times using system current at the time
- To be able and willing to operate additional machines when required
In this role, you will be working in a machine shop environment.
We’re looking for people with the following skills, we have a number of roles to fill so please express your interest for consideration:
- Working knowledge of CNC and manual Grinding
- Operating, setting and programming of CNC Grinding machines
- Good knowledge of speeds, feeds and general work-holding
- A good understanding of engineering drawings and tolerances
- Ability to self-inspect and Buddy Check parts to drawing
- A good working attitude
Here at Xtrac, we are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the most prestigious motorsport events so naturally we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time to join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn