About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and driven graduate who has a passion for motorsports looking to drive a career with the world leader in transmission systems.
Our advanced engineering group are expanding and currently looking for a graduate R&D materials engineer to join the passionate and determined team.
Your overall objectives will be to provide research and development engineering support to the group and to prepare and analyse metallurgical samples, and report on the findings.
Other responsibilities of your role include:
- To conduct research into materials, manufacturing processes and heat treatment methods under the guidance of the Chief Metallurgist.
- To identify requirements for testing and produce test requirements and specifications through liaison with Xtrac engineers.
- To assist with the day-to-day running of the Metallurgy and R&D departments including preparing and analysing metallurgical samples.
- Collate data, analyse test data in real time using Excel or alternative analysis software and present the findings in the form of reports and graphs.
- To conduct tests and investigations to support the arbitration of non-conformances arising in Heat Treatment and non-destructive testing departments.
- To attend reviews as required and ensure metallurgical issues are represented.
- To make representation for the Chief Metallurgist or Senior R&D Materials Engineer.
- To observe health and safety rules at all times.
- To follow company quality procedures, standards and work instructions.
- To carry out reasonable duties as requested by management.
We are looking for an organised and motivated graduate who has a structured approach to problem solving, with good time management skills to manage workloads and meet deadlines when priorities change quickly.
You will have a minimum of BEng or BSc (or equivalent), ideally in a material, metallurgical or engineering discipline and have a foundation in ferrous metallurgy including structure, performance, and behaviour.
With experience in implementing, running, and reporting on material test programmes, you will ideally have hands on experience with metallurgical sample preparation and failure investigations and have worked in a machining, heat treatment or manufacture environment.
With excellent communication skills, you will give clear and concise instructions and have the ability to write technical reports with clear conclusions and recommendations.
Xtrac is the world’s leading supplier of high-performance transmissions for top level professional motorsport and high performance automotive applications.
We are proud to employ some of the leading people in our industry, and we recognise that our people are the driving force to our key successes.
Our products are used internationally across the most prestigious motorsport events so naturally we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn