About The Role
Quality means everything to us at Xtrac, we expect our products to have the highest of quality and our customers do too. It’s a large part of what makes us the world’s leading supplier of high-performance transmissions for top tier automotive and Motorsport.
We’re looking for a Graduate Quality Engineer to join our successful quality department and work closely with the team across a broad range of Quality related activities and responsibilities. You’ll gain experience in everything from internal and supplier audits through to working with our manufacturing departments on process improvements to drive product quality and process efficiency.
Your work will support our drive for continued improvement, in both automotive and motorsport applications, and you will gain a strong knowledge base within the Quality environment that can be refined further, as you find your niche within the group.
You’ll also be involved in;
- Creating real-world processes that will ensure a product is manufactured as intended, finding, and implementing, improvements to those that already exist.
- Investigating product and process issues, establishing the root cause of problems using a structured methodology, and reporting your findings.
- Engaging with our suppliers and forming strong working relationships, working to establish a clear understanding of Xtrac requirements, and how to follow them.
- Carrying out audits within Xtrac and at our supplier’s premises, to ISO and IATF industry standards.
- Providing technical support to our manufacturing teams, engineers, and customers.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills, attributes and attitude to join our team;
- Minimum 2.1 BEng or BSc in an engineering related discipline
- An inquisitive nature, a willingness to ask ‘why’ and a strong desire to reach the end of an investigation, leaving no stone unturned.
- Driven by results, committed to the task through to completion, and proud of being able to show your achievements.
- A confident, calm personality, comfortable engaging with new faces within Xtrac, or our supply chain.
- Great literacy and numeracy skills, twisting numbers into meaningful results and able to communicate clearly, through the intelligent use of text and imagery.
- Ability to work calmly and in a structured manner, while under pressure to tight deadlines, known for your responsiveness and positivity.
It would be advantageous if you also have any of the following:
- Appreciation of 3D modelling and engineering drawings
- Knowledge or experience of precision manufacturing methods
- Knowledge or awareness of quality management systems
- Experience or knowledge of rotating mechanical assemblies and their sensitivities
- Experience with Epicor, MS Teams, Minitab
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well