About The Role
Quality means everything to us at Xtrac, we expect our products to have the highest of quality and our customers do too. It’s a large part of what makes us the world’s leading supplier of high performance transmissions for top tier automotive and Motorsport.
We’re looking for a Graduate Quality Engineer to join our successful quality department and work closely with the team across a broad range of Quality related activities and responsibilities. You’ll gain experience in everything from internal and supplier audits through to working with our manufacturing departments on process improvements to drive product quality.
As you’ll support the whole team on both automotive and motorsport products from a quality perspective, you’ll gain a broad knowledge base in which you can refine further as you find your niche. We encourage and support our employees to work on areas of interest to them so if you’re looking for your first role in industry and are inquisitive about quality, this role will offer you the chance to experience many elements of the quality department.
You’ll also be involved in;
- Attending design reviews to provide suitable guidance
- Carry out quality and process investigations and suggest improvements
- Providing technical support and process assistance to engineers and customers
- Investigating customer complaints/returns with the aim of finding the root cause reporting corrective action
- Carrying out internal audits to ISO9001 requirements
- Working with our supplier base to ensure quality standards are met
We’re looking for someone with the following skills, attributes and attitude to join our team;
- Minimum 2.1 BEng or BSc in an engineering related discipline
- Computer literate with MS Office suite
- Excellent problem solving skills with the desire to investigate and solve root cause of manufacturing problems
- Ability to build strong working relationships with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work calmly and structured under pressure to tight deadlines
It would be advantageous if you also have knowledge of the following:
- Appreciation of 3D modelling and engineering drawings
- Experience or knowledge of ISO9001 quality management systems
- Awareness of a production process/techniques or an engineering environment
- Understanding or awareness of transmission products
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.