About the role
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work within a world leading organisation?
We are looking for a Facilities Engineer to join our busy and friendly team here at Xtrac.
The role will be to support the facilities management and weekend shift operations to maintain a clean, secure and safe working environment for everyone. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the building and core plant, undertaking work programmes and monitoring progress to ensure completion.
You will be overseeing contractors, weekend cleaning staff and suppliers on site, undertaking audit inspections and maintaining a secure and safe site for both employees and visitors. Health and Safety is a huge and important part of our operation, so you’ll be required to adhere to, and observe all Health and Safety procedures put in place.
This role is an active one and you will be performing both routine and varied facilities duties as and when they arise. This will include plant and equipment checks, meter reading, fire alarm tests/evacuations and responding to emergencies such as leaks/lighting failure. As such, an understanding of basic technical aspects of Property, Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, and BMS system) is advantageous.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Level 2 in Facilities Services and or Level 3 in Facilities Management
- Electrical Apprenticeship or City & Guilds Electrical maintenance or similar
- Undertaken IOSH Managing Safely or Working Safely
- Experience in commercial building maintenance
- Management/supervision experience
You will also be:
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A good communicator
- IT Literate with a good understanding of MS applications
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively
So why work with us?
We offer a busy and unique place of work, with both design and production under one roof, and exposure to different disciplines across the business. Whether it’s our competitive salaries, one of our annual staff events or our ‘random acts of kindness’, we like to make sure our employees are recognised and valued.