About The Job
With a strong orderbook and a growing number of exciting new project opportunities in the High Performance Automotive (HPA) sector, we are looking for someone to join us in this brand new role as Executive Business Manager – HPA. You’ll be managing and supporting a team of Business Managers, who look after and manage our high profile customers across a number of complex HPA projects, to help them deliver against our customers’ requirements, whilst managing some of your own high profile projects. Our customers are some of the world’s most prestigious organisations in the automotive sector, so you’ll be experienced and comfortable having technical conversations with Engineers and Senior Executives and establish, maintain and manage strong working relationships with both new and existing customers.
Reporting into and working with the Head of HPA, you’ll support with all reporting within the HPA department. HPA is the area of growth and the future vision of Xtrac, so we need to ensure that we are optimising opportunities for growth of the business which we can plan for and manage via strategic reporting. You’ll have a commercial mind and be able to provide inputs in to costing structures and developing commercial terms alongside the Head of HPA.
This is a really exciting and broad role that will place you at the heart of Xtrac’s strategy for growth in the HPA sector. You will come with your own ideas to inspire and develop the team, and to support change within the business.
As you’ll be managing a team of Business Managers it’s critical you have experience of managing and leading a team to deliver results. Due to the high profile nature of HPA you must also have experience managing customer relationships & requirements but also managing internal cross-departmental teams, so having previous involvement with project management and a good understanding of project life cycles is essential.
To be successful you’ll also have:
- Strong background in Automotive, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject is preferred as you’ll already have the core understanding of the industry practices and procedures, but we’re also open to being qualified by experience
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in verbal and written German, Italian or French is desired, but isn’t essential
- Experience using an ERP system – we use Epicor, and full training will be provided
- Experience of project planning and managing projects in an engineering environment, specifically around transmission solutions.
You’ll also need to be flexible to travel to customer sites internationally (Covid-19 permitting) on occasion.