About The Role
Xtrac’s operation is built around the supply and delivery of complex parts and assemblies to quality, time and budget. Projects range from part specific developments to full assembly programs, with input from various business functions. As Data Manager you will maintain data integrity and across all released parts within the Epicor ERP system to guarantee data consistency, working cross-functionally with Engineering, Planning, Operations, Sales and Finance to ensure accurate and up to date information within the ERP system, promoting data ownership and accountability. You’ll operate with best practice and develop processes to further improve data accuracy within the business whilst ensuring alignment with ISO9001 quality requirements.
Moreover, you’ll also champion the Epicor Configurator tool, developing its functionality specific to Xtrac’s requirements whilst maintaining accurate outputs for Sales and Manufacturing, responding in adequate time scales to resolve any issues and changes.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Champion the master data attributes company wide, understanding the businesses requirements and configuring data as necessary
- Collaborate with cross-functional stake holders to improve system integration between PLM and Epicor ERP systems
- Developing the process for part run out during their relevant life cycles and supporting the obsoleting process to maintain accurate stock and bills of materials
- Assist with the improvement and refinement of functional business processes relating to data accuracy, introducing policies and procedures where required
- Act as the interface to manage any substantial change requests of the master data (changes to site requirement, traceability attributes, discontinuation etc)
- Create and amend product configurations where necessary to support the business
- Continually audit data sets and request and implement changes where required to ensure correct operation of systems and processes
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Ideally you’ll be educated to degree level in either a business, mathematics or engineering discipline, otherwise have solid experience within a similar role within a manufacturing/engineering capacity
- Experience of using an ERP system to great extent, we use Epicor 10 so this is preferred but isn’t essential
- Knowledge and experience of C# is not essential but would be preferred.
- Understanding of data integrity in a manufacturing business and ERP system
- Excellent data analysis and cleansing techniques
- Prior experience in a business analyst or process improvement role
- Proven experience in the creation, documentation and delivery of processes
- Sound communication skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders throughout the business at different levels of seniority
- Either Prince 2 project management qualification or equivalent experience
- You’ll be analytical, methodical, logical and have great attention to detail
It would be great if you also had an understanding of the importance of change management and communication in an ERP environment. This is a new role into our organisation and as we continue to grow, our data does too so you’ll need to be extremely organised and be able to manage not only your own responsibilities but stakeholders across the business too.
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well