About The Role
We’re looking for Engineers to join our Product Support Group in a crucial role of supporting the on-going development of either transmissions released to customers or in final stages of production readiness. The role is exciting, fast-paced and constantly changing, which revolves around investigation and resolution of any problems or issues in manufacture, build, test or operation. This could be on-site or out in the field during rig or vehicle testing and would encompass root cause analysis (RCA), resolution of quality issues and improvements, continuous improvement and manufacturing development to improve our future manufacture and design strategy.
This role will suit a hands-on engineer who loves to deliver the solution to problems and implement changes that support the continuous improvement of our products which are used in some of the world’s most successful racing cars and prestigious high performance road cars. You’ll be providing technical expertise to customers both internal and external, ensuring manufacture, test and service phases are fully supported from an engineering perspective.
Other requirements include:
- Undertake CAD modelling and drafting on NX 3D CAD to company standards and procedures
- Create engineering drawings to company and industry standards
- Assist troubleshooting product at End of Line testing
- Liaise with other teams, disciplines, groups and subcontractors on technical and programme matters
- Ensuring solutions are developed, documented, controlled and recorded in accordance with company procedures
To be successful in the role, we’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Minimum level 5 higher education qualification within a mechanical engineering discipline
- Experience within a similar role or Design / Manufacturing Engineer capacity
- An understanding of transmission system functionality
- Demonstrable practical experience of assembly, disassembly and examination of mechanical components and assemblies
- Aptitude for problem solving and formation of suitable resolutions, with experience in RCA a distinct advantage
- Sound knowledge of drafting standards, geometric tolerances, and manufacturing methods
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels both internally and externally
- Be able to translate technical language into business language based on the audience
- Be structured and organised in your approach with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Experience with CAD and documentation management, preferably NX & Teamcenter PLM
No day is ever the same at Xtrac, and our world is constantly changing, so you need to be able to adapt to changing environments and be able to adjust your style to the demands of the business.
Here at Xtrac, we are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the most prestigious motorsport events so naturally we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time to join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people. We share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class and have a culture that delivers!
Yearn to Learn