About The Job
We are seeking a professional Technical Buyer to support the rapid growth of our business and strengthen our busy procurement team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of a range of high technology mechanical manufactured components for our innovative transmission systems used by the World’s top racing teams including Formula 1, IndyCar, Sportscar and Rally. Our innovative transmissions are also being used in the next generation of ultra-high performance hybrid and EV hypercars, and to deliver that future technology we are expanding our ambitious procurement team. You will deal with our eminent supply chain and be able to develop strong relationships as well as developing your own career in an award winning company.
We are looking for a dedicated and highly motivated team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, who can work well under pressure in a fast moving environment. You will be a confident communicator and negotiator and the ability to build strong relationships is vital for this role. Although the role is predominately tactical, we are seeking an individual who is innovative and strategically minded as they will have close involvement in the growth area of our business.
The ideal candidate will possess the following, although we would be interested in talking to recent graduates who might not have all of the necessary knowledge, but who are keen and enthusiastic.
- Background in Engineering Procurement
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- User of ERP systems and able to follow BOM structures
- Skilled negotiator on both cost and schedules
- Able to source new suppliers with potentially new technologies.
- Experience in the Automotive Sector
- Familiar with IATF16949 and PPAP
- Experience with complex machined parts and casting processes.
- Project management skills.