About The Job
We are seeking a business manager to support the rapid growth of our business and strengthen our busy commercial department.
Reporting to the commercial manager, you will establish, maintain and manage a strong working relationship with new and existing customers, at all levels. You will process and manage customer orders throughout the business in a co-ordinated, focused, structured and well controlled manner using designated tools and processes. These will include:
Timely order processing and issue of associated paperwork to include quality documentation.
Establishing and maintaining a Business Case where applicable.
The co-ordination of engineering, manufacturing and purchasing involvement in customer projects.
Progress reporting on the project, both internal and external
Risk and Issue management
Management of Xtrac pipeline planning and stock levels where applicable
Providing relevant commercial input into the creation and maintenance of Project plans.
Detailed monitoring of project progress, including:
- Management of Cost (in conjunction with Costing Engineer) and margins against established businesses cases (where applicable) and ensure prompt delivery of quotations, orders and invoicing.
- Quality – Project specification, ensuring what was ordered is delivered.
- Timing – Ensuring project activities are completed in adherence to the project timing plan and customer schedules are achieved.
You will be responsible for providing quotations and proposals in a structured and timely manner whilst ensuring you following the departmental system. You will provide input into the costing process on pricing.
Event support when and if the formula requires it will also be a duty the successful candidate will undertake. Along with proactively pursuing the generation of leads and subsequent quotations in formula, both for core and complementary products.
You will have studied either automotive or mechanical engineering either through an apprenticeship or at degree level.
Being proficient in written and spoken French, German or Italian would be desirable along with having a commercial background.
Having knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential along with knowledge of business operating systems such as ERP/MRP. Ideally this will be experience with Epicor however this is not a necessity.
A minimum of two years experience in Motorsport,automotive or mechanical engineering is essential to the success of a candidate. Along with strong customer management and project management experience.
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Preparing proposals/quotes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong motivational skills and good project management ability
- Ability to build strong working relationships- externally and internally
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Awareness of confidentiality
Candidates must have a driving license and be able to travel as required.