About The Job
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our busy finance department. The role is a new role to help with the continued growth of Xtrac.
The Assistant Controller will report to the Financial Controller and work closely with the Head of FP&A. As this is a newly created role, this individual will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of a first class finance function and be instrumental in driving change programmes, for example improvements in the management and accounting for inventory in the business.
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analysing variances
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions
- Operations business partner to support inventory management
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Special projects as required (including being a key player in the ERP upgrade to E10)
- Observing Health and Safety rules at all times.
- Following company quality Procedures, Standards and Work Instructions.
- Carrying out reasonable duties as requested by Management
- No direct reports, but this is a role which will interact across the business and therefore a maturity and gravitas will be required in order to be effective.
- This is seen as a key role within a growing organisation where there is a clear opportunity to make an immediate impact as part of shaping the role.
The successful candidate will be degree educated and must have good, solid cost accounting experience within a manufacturing / precision engineering business.Ideally you will be CIMA or ACA qualified however this is not a must.
You will have knowledge of promoting change within a finance team and will help support the change through the business. You will have thorough knowledge and understanding of stock and cost accounting within the finance department in a corporate environment. You have experience in understanding and developing standard costs, together with an understanding of variance analysis a long with a proven track record in a complex manufacturing environment.
The role requires an individual who has the desire to add value and provide a valuable contribution to the wider business, the ability to business partner and communicate with non-finance stakeholders effectively and articulately and to have a proven track record of building relationships at all levels within the organisation.
You must be able to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organisation, take a ‘hands on approach’ and the able to meet deadlines under pressure.
Ideally we are looking for a minimum of 5 years in an SME and Manufacturing environment.