About The Role
Is leading major transmission design projects across Motorsport, from British Touring Car and Rally through to F1 and Formula E, of interest to you? Do you have the technical capability to manage multiple projects across different races simultaneously to continually deliver Xtrac’s promises to OEM customers?
We’re looking for an Assistant Chief Designer to lead, manage and guide a team of Principal and Design Engineers to design superior transmission products to our Motorsport customer base. You’ll take a leading role and ensure the projects are delivered on time, every time, whilst liaising with customers and internal departments to ensure we are on track to deliver against tight timescales.
Not only that, but you’ll ensure and continually encourage process improvements, we are constantly looking to improve to ensure we retain our position as a world leading supplier of transmission. This includes liaising with Quality, Production, Build and wider Engineering teams.
You’ll be a technical expert on Design Engineering and a brilliant people leader to continue to lead your team and Xtrac to success.
You’ll have a successful and impressive track record of designing and developing products within the market sector with knowledge of transmission functionality and design limitation. As you’ll be leading a team, it’s critical you have experience of managing and guiding people to deliver results.
To be successful you’ll also have:
- A strong technical mind that is able to deliver technically complex solutions against challenging timelines, whilst maintaining discipline and focus
- Extensive background in Automotive, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject is preferred as you’ll already have the core understanding of the industry practices and procedures, but we’re also open to being qualified by experience
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Experience using CAD and PLM systems – ideally Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Experience of using ERP systems, ideally Epicor but we can provide training
- Experience of project planning and managing projects in an engineering environment, specifically around transmission solutions
- Experience working to specific quality standards, in particular ISO9001
- You’ll also need to be flexible to travel to customer sites internationally (Covid-19 permitting) on occasion
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well