About The Job
With a strong orderbook and a growing number of exciting new project opportunities in the High Performance Automotive (HPA) sector, we are looking for someone to join us as an Assistant Chief Designer to manage and support a team of Design Engineers who are responsible for the definition, development and delivery of transmission systems and components.
Our customers are some of the world’s most prestigious organisations in the automotive sector, so you’ll be experienced and comfortable having technical conversations with Engineers and Senior Executives to establish, maintain and manage strong working relationships with both new and existing customers. You’ll be guiding your team to design effective, consistent and superior products to ensure we retain our position in the market as a world leading supplier of high performance transmissions. Working collaboratively and cross departmentally with our Commercial and Operations departments, you’ll ensure we are delivering projects correctly, first time and on time.
This is an exciting role that will place you at the heart of Xtrac’s strategy for growth in the HPA sector. You will come with your own ideas to inspire and develop the team, and to support change within the business.
You’ll have a successful and impressive track record of designing and developing products within the automotive sector and as you’ll be leading a team, it’s critical you have experience of managing and guiding people to deliver results.
You will have advanced knowledge of automotive market sectors, transmission functionality and design limitations and contemporary knowledge of automotive standards (ISO 16949 etc) and processes (APQP, PPAP, PSW).
To be successful you’ll also have:
- A strong technical mind that is able to deliver technically complex solutions against challenging timelines, whilst maintaining discipline and focus
- Extensive background in Automotive, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject is preferred as you’ll already have the core understanding of the industry practices and procedures, but we’re also open to being qualified by experience
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Experience using CAD and PLM systems – ideally Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Experience of project planning and managing projects in an engineering environment, specifically around transmission solutions
- You’ll also need to be flexible to travel to customer sites internationally (Covid-19 permitting) on occasion
Here at Xtrac, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of Motorsport and High Performance Automotive Transmission Solutions. Our products are used internationally across the worlds most prestigious motorsport events so naturally, we have a passion for winning and continuously improving, whether that be our products, our people, or our business. Our short and long term vision is to transform into a world class high performance automotive supplier whilst retaining our position as a world leader in motorsport, so now is the time join our journey, make an impact and contribute to the success of our future.
What makes us who we are is our people, we share behaviours and values to ensure Xtrac remain world class. Our culture that delivers…
Accountability – own it and learn from it
Responsibility – we do what we say we will
Respectful – to everyone
Listen – to really hear someone and appreciate other views
Feedback – to give constructive feedback but to ask for it as well