The P600 gearbox is one of Xtrac’s legacy products, which whilst not currently in production, spares and technical support are still available upon request.
Designed and manufactured for GT1 – GT4 Sports Car applications. The P600 gearbox is a customer specification longitudinal Transaxle utilising many components from previous Le Mans winning Xtrac gearboxes.
Xtrac’s legendary record for reliability and performance was built on multiple winning Le Mans record from products like this.
- 650Nm (480lbf ft) maximum engine input torque*
- 1st and 2nd Layshaft gears are integral, 3rd to 6th are slide on. With a wide range of available ratios
- Gearbox casing material is Aluminium L169 and all casting joint faces have ‘O’-Ring seals
- Differential is the a Plate type limited slip unit with a choice of settings
- Clutch shaft to suit customer installation is included
- Hard cut Klingelnberg bevel set
- 6 ball C.V. type Output flanges are included
- Lubrication is via single stage lubrication pump
- Most components are manufactured in Xtrac’s own grade of steel (X36C). Bevel sets, final drives and pinions are manufactured in Xtrac’s vacuum melted steel (XVAR1), using the post heat treatment gear grinding or hard cutting process for greater accuracy and longer life. Highly stressed components are shot peened
- Weight 67Kg (154lb) in Aluminium, 59Kg (141 lbs) In Magnesium
The Gearbox Offers The Following Benefits
- Light, positive gearchange with polynomial barrel tracks
- Cost effective, reliable solution
- Available either with or without drop gears
- Gear ground and super polished ratios (Xtrem Process)
- Integral 1st only
- Magnesium RZ5 castings
- Clutch mounting on gearbox
- Pneumatic Shift Cylinder
- Xtrac manufactured Tripode Output flanges