Building on the success of Xtrac P419 hard cut crown Wheel and Pinions, Xtrac introduced a new range of fully ground crown wheel and Pinions in 2006 designed for Ford 10” rear ends and to meet the harsh requirements of Off Road Desert Racing, for events such as the legendary Baja 1000.
The crown wheel and pinions are produced using Xtrac’s own grades of steel, which are manufactured to strictly controlled metallurgical constraints to ensure that the material physical properties meet precise performance criteria.
The bevel tooth profile is fully ground after heat treatment to ensure precise meshing of the gear profiles during operation, and a smooth root profile to reduce stress concentrations. Xtrac P544 bevels are fully race proven in the toughest events, and are the rear gear of choice for all championship contenders.
- 7:37 (5.29) and 7:39 (5.57) ratios currently available.
- Other ratios available on request.
- Manufactured from XM023, a high core strength, high temperature resisting, low alloy case hardening steel specifically manufactured for Xtrac. During the billet production stage a vacuum remelt operation is carried out to reduce inclusions and hence improve minimum properties.
- Ground spiral bevel profile.
- Heat treated to increase core strength and surface hardness, using Xtrac’s in-house atmosphere controlled CNC sealed quench furnaces, along with Xtrac’s internal quality controls ensures supreme metallurgical consistency.
- Duplex shot peened.
- Xtrem super polished, to reduce fatigue and increase component life and efficiency.