P522 SUPER HEAVY DUTY DIFFERENTIAL
The ‘’522’’ super heavy duty differential is an independent unit designed for either front and/or rear drive applications, typically for cross country or rally-raid vehicles.
Universal mountings allow the unit to be orientated for all shaft rotations and positions (front or rear). The oil system has been designed to allow operation in all orientations.
These features combined with the unit’s high quality, low cost attributes make this product ideal for a wide variety of endurance type events.
Xtrac’s legendary rally raid record for reliability and performance has been built on multiple winning Dakar products.
- 4,000Nm (2,950lbf ft) maximum engine input torque*
- Casing material is Aluminium L169 and all casting joint faces have ‘O’-Ring seals
- Universal mounting points
- Plate Differential with ZF008 type internals and a choice of settings
- Crown wheel and pinion with cyclo palloid hard cut gear tooth form for greater strength and life
- Many different ratios available from 4.222:1 – 3.000:1
- Xtrac manufactured output flanges are included to suit Lobro AV125 joints (Ø128mm)
- Recirculating wet sump lubrication system
- Input and output flange lip seals with additional dust shields
- Most components are manufactured in Xtrac’s own grade of steel (X36C). Bevel sets, final drives and inions are manufactured in Xtrac’s vacuum melted steel (XVAR1), using the post heat treatment gear grinding or hard cutting process for greater accuracy and longer life. Highly stressed components are shot peened
- Weight 54.7kg (120lb)* spec dependent
The Gearbox Offers The Following Benefits
- Universal orientation mounting
- Cost effective, reliable solution
- Optimised package for ground clearance
- Epicyclic viscous limited slip differential
- Half shaft and support casting kit
- Mechanical differential