Xtrac’s ‘P1293’ Transaxle has been designed specifically as the new control gearbox for the 2019 Australian Supercars Championship.
P1293 unit is a longitudinal transaxle, with six forward gears, selected by the driver via a manual sequential gearshift, with the gear cluster ahead of the output axis. Utilising endurance race proven internals for ultimate reliability and extended service intervals.
To support the series through the 2019 season, Xtrac engineering staff will be in attendance from the pre-season Philip Island test in February with gearboxes and a full range of spares available at all events throughout the season. The 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship will compete around Australia for a full 15 round season, from the Adelaide season opener in March to November’s Newcastle season finale, including a visit to New Zealand.
- 6 speed sequential gear selection + slide engagement reverse, sequence R,N,1,2,3,4,5,6.
- Manual sequential gearchange.
- 670Nm (495lbf ft) maximum engine torque.
- Quick change input drop gear set
- High efficiency, full form gear ground and super polished spiral bevel gear final drive.
- Highly serviceable ‘cassette type’ gear cluster
- Fixed axle ‘spool’ output as standard.
- Tripode output flanges.
- Provision for oil temperature, oil pressure and output flange speed sensor mountings.
- Aluminium L169 casings with ‘O’ ring spigot sealing
- Single stage eccentric lobe, with recirculating system and external cooler ports
- Gearbox weight with standard options, 62Kg (137lb)
- Cost effective, reliable solution.
- Extended service intervals.
- Low centre of gravity.
- Overlapping gearchange barrel profile.
- Simple spline interface for prop shaft.
- Wirelock studs on split faces for scrutineering seals.
- Magnetic drain plugs fitted as standard.
- Can be configured with a fully manual gearchange. or with integrated Xtrac/Mega-line P1254 “IVA” pneumatic shift or Mega line “E-Shift” AGS units for use in other race series.
- Xtrac plate type limited slip differential with external pre load adjustment.
- Provision for gearchange potentiometer fitment.
- Quick release detent plunger cable.