The P1262 gearbox is a high performance front wheel drive touring car gearbox that has been designed specifically for the Chinese Touring Car Championship (CTCC).
The P1262 benefits from experience gained during use over many seasons in the British Touring Car and World Touring Car Championships, with uprated internals specifically for the 2018 CTCC regulations. The low inertia gearchange system incorporates the latest polynomial barrel track design to improve gearchange response and driver feel. The gears have been re-ordered to allow the overlap of barrel track profiles.
The low positioning of the gear cluster enables easy removal from the car under the chassis rail, and lowers the centre of gravity. The gear cluster is fully exposed when removed from the gearbox allowing quick inspection and easy access for ratio changes.
- 550Nm (406lbf ft) maximum input torque capacity*
- Dog clutch non-synchromesh, sequential gear engagement for 6 forward gears. Sliding mainshaft reverse gear
- Full form gear ground change gear ratios with Xtrem super polishing as standard
- Aluminum L169 castings, with ‘O’-Ring face sealing
- Lubrication is via single stage eccentric lobe pump, configured for use with an external cooler
- Differential is an Xtrac cassette type plate unit with a choice of ramp angles, plate and preload settings. Quick change diff cassette is easy to remove and positive preload can be adjusted externally
- Xtrac ’Pin pawl’ ratchet and pawl gearchange assembly with low inertia polynomial barrel
- Left hand output flange is integral with the differential, to suit GI 82 size tripode joint
- Suitable for use with AP Racing CP6859 family of clutch release slave cylinders
- Gearbox weight is approximately 36g (79lb)*
The Gearbox Offers The Following Benefits
- Light, positive sequential gearchange
- Gear ratios with minimised size and weight to reduce inertia
- Easily removable cluster for ratio changes
- Easily removable differential with externally adjustable differential pre load
- Cost effective, reliable, lightweight solution
- Gearchange ratchet detent to suit a customer-supplied, pneumatic Assisted Gearchange System (AGS)
- Cross shaft assembly