The P1080 gearbox is a high performance in line touring car gearbox that has been designed specifically for the World Touring Car Championship and is suitable for the British Touring Car Championship.
The P1080 makes use of Rally derived gear ratios with minimised size and weight to reduce inertia. The gearchange system incorporates the latest polynomial barrel track design and low inertia gearchange rack to improve gearchange response and driver feel.
The gears have been re-ordered to allow the overlap of barrel track profiles.
- 450Nm (332lbf ft) maximum engine input torque*
- 1st Layshaft gears are integral, 2nd to 6th are slide on. With a wide range of available ratios
- Gearbox casing material is Aluminium L169 and all casting joint faces have ‘O’-Ring seals
- Bell crank actuated gearchange rack reduces wear and improves gearchange performance
- Gearbox mounted gear linkage rocker system and single piece detent reverse lift cable is provided
- Clutch shaft to suit customer installation is included
- Lubrication is via a single stage eccentric lobe lubrication pump
- Temperature sensor boss, pressure sensor boss, dog ring inspection holes and oil fill and drain holes are provided, as is an oil breather fitting.
- Most components are manufactured in Xtrac’s own grade of steel (X36C). Bevel sets, final drives and pinions are manufactured in Xtrac’s vacuum melted steel (XVAR1), using the post heat treatment gear grinding or hard cutting process for greater accuracy and longer life. Highly stressed components are shot peened.
- Gearbox weight 30kg (66lb)
The Gearbox Offers The Following Benefits
- Light, positive gearchange with polynomial barrel tracks
- Quick change gear ratios
- Cost effective, reliable solution
- Super polished ratios (Xtrem Process) are available
- Pneumatic Shift Cylinder
- One piece bellhousing to suit the customer’s engine
- Gearchange potentiometer, mounting and display
- Quick release reverse cable clip In car gear lever and in car gear lever linkage