The P1046T gearbox is a high performance front wheel drive touring car gearbox that is suitable for use in the TCR International Series regulations. The P1046T benefits from experience gained during use over many seasons in the British Touring Car and World Touring Car Championships.
The low inertia gearchange system incorporates the latest polynomial barrel track design to improve gearchange response and driver feel. The gears have been re-ordered to allow the overlap of barrel track profiles.
The low positioning of the gear cluster enables easy removal from the car under the chassis rail, and lowers the centre of gravity. The gear cluster is fully exposed when removed from the gearbox allowing quick inspection and easy access for ratio changes.
- 450Nm (330lbf ft) maximum input torque capacity*
- 6 speeds with sequential gearchange selection
- Dog clutch non-synchromesh gear engagement for 6 forward gears. Sliding mainshaft reverse gear
- Pneumatic Assisted Gearchange System (AGS) operated by Xtrac and MegaLine’s new P1254 Integrated Valve Actuator (IVA)
- Aluminium L169 castings, with ‘O’-Ring face sealing
- Lubrication via single stage eccentric lobe pump, configured for use with an external cooler
- Differential is an Xtrac cassette type plate unit with a choice of ramp angles, plate and preload settings. Quick change diff cassette is easy to remove and positive preload can be adjusted externally
- Left hand output flange is integral with the differential, to suit GI 82 size tripode joint or Lobro style CV joint
- Suitable for use with AP Racing CP6859 family of clutch release cylinders
- Gearbox weight is approximately 35kg (77lb)*
The Gearbox Offers The Following Benefits
- Light, positive sequential gearchange
- Gear ratios with minimised size and weight to reduce inertia
- Easily removable cluster for ratio changes
- Easily removable differential with externally adjustable differential preload
- Cost effective, reliable, lightweight solution
- Cross shaft assembly
- Alternative final drive ratios
- Super polished gear ratios (Xtrem Process)