The 1046 gearbox is a high performance front wheel drive touring car gearbox that has been designed specifically for the British Touring Car Championship and is suitable for the World Touring Car Championship.
The 1046 makes use of Rally derived gear ratios with minimised size and weight to reduce inertia. The gearchange system incorporates the latest polynomial barrel track design and low inertia gearchange rack to improve gearchange response and driver feel. The gears have been re-ordered to allow the overlap of barrel track profiles.
The low positioning of the gear cluster enables easy removal from the car under the chassis rail, and lowers the centre of gravity. The gear cluster is fully exposed when removed from the gearbox allowing quick inspection, and easy access for ratio changes.
- 450Nm (332lbf ft) maximum input torque capacity*
- 6 speeds with sequential gearchange selection
- Suits installations with gearbox on L.H. side
- Aluminum L169 castings, with ‘O’-Ring face sealing
- Lubrication is via single stage eccentric lobe pump, configured for use with an external cooler
- Differential is an Xtrac cassette type plate unit with a choice of ramp angles, plate and preload settings. (Quick change diff cassette is easy to remove)
- Bell crank actuated low inertia gearchange rack reduces wear and improves gearchange
- Xtrac ’Pin pawl’ ratchet and pawl gearchange assembly with low inertia polynomial barrel
- Left hand output flange is integral with the differential, to suit GI 82 size tripode joint
- Clutch release slave cylinder (AP CP3859-1250)
- Gearbox weight is approximately 35kg (77lb)*
The Gearbox Offers The Following Benefits
- Light, positive sequential gearchange
- Easily removable cluster for ratio changes
- Easily removable differential with externally adjustable differential pre load
- Cost effective, reliable, lightweight solution
- Cross shaft assembly
- uper polished gear ratios (Xtrem Process)
- Internally re-circulating oil pump system
- In car gear lever
- Gearchange potentiometer, mounting and display