For over 35 years we at Xtrac have been putting our customers and our staff above all else. Given the Coronavirus COVID-19 global outbreak I wanted to let you know what Xtrac is doing. Our aim is to ensure that our business continues to operate and provide our customers with products and services during this challenging time, whilst keeping our staff safe.
The Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak and government & policy maker’s reaction to it evolves daily, and we will continue to be guided by the UK Government in order to minimise the risk to Xtrac UK employees, and the US Government in order to minimise the risk to Xtrac US employees. Following this advice we have introduced a significant number of mitigation policies:
- Any member of staff who displays even mild symptoms of a high temperature and/or a new, continuous cough will stay at home and avoid all but essential contact with others.
- Social distancing advice given to all staff is as follows:
- Avoid contact with somebody who is displaying symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19, including a high temperature and/or a new and continuous cough.
- Avoid all non-essential use of public transport.
- Avoid large gatherings and gatherings in smaller public spaces and gatherings with friends and family.
- Staff who have an underlying health condition or are pregnant are to follow the above measures and also significantly limit their face-to-face interactions with friends and family.
- Implemented at Xtrac:
- Hand cleaning policy with sufficient quantities of soap and sanitiser.
- Visitor policy which prohibits all non-critical visits and visitors and ensures that any visitor complies with the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines as to actions following their previous visits to the countries identified as at risk.
- Closing of the canteen, and no food deliveries to Xtrac.
- Minimise internal meetings and number of people in the meetings.
- Homeworking where the job role permits.
- Split shift in the engineering dept. to minimise social contact.
- Adjusted start & finish times to minimise social contact for the factory day and night shift.
- Additional regular disinfectant cleaning of communal areas and restroom facilities.
- Good business practices such as freezing of non-essential CapEx, freezing of non-essential recruitment and close management of employee levels, stock and cash-flow as required to suit the reduced demand due to the global pause in Motorsport activities.
We remain open for business, have a clear strategy in place to adapt quickly to the ever-changing situation, and will continue to strive to provide the highest level of customer service, so that we are able to resume normal service when the situation allows.
Most importantly, I wish all our customers, staff and their families well. We are all in this together and we will get through it together.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Chief Executive Officer
T: +44 1635 293844
M: +44 777595 3512