P386 GRAND AMERICAN DAYTONA GEARBOX
The P386 gearbox is one of Xtrac's legacy products, which whilst not currently in production, spares and technical support are still available upon request.
This is a mid-engine longitudinal transaxle and has been developed from Xtrac’s successful and
durable ‘P105’ Sportscar gearbox and is suitable for the Grand American Daytona Prototype series.
Drive is fed from Le Mans proven gear ratio’s mounted behind the axle centre line, through a final drive hypoid spiral bevel gear set. This allows the engine to be mounted low in the car thus helping weight distribution without adversely compromising drive shaft angles, or efficiency.
Value engineered to meet strict cost constraints within this formula, this gearbox offers the highest quality at a cost effective price.
• 5 or 6 speed sequential gear selection + reverse, sequence R,N,1,2,3,4,5,(6)
• 850Nm (625lbf ft) maximum engine torque
• Gear selection from either left or right hand side. Dog clutch non-synchromesh engagement. Reverse lockout
• Hard cut hypoid spiral bevel pair
• Stressed Aluminum L169 casing assembly with ‘o’ ring face sealing. Universal bosses for suspension/wing mounting
• Single stage eccentric lobe. Recirculating system with external cooler
• Bevel diff unit with plate type non ramp limited slip
• A wide range of straight cut ratios are available
• Gear ground and super polished ratios (Xtrem Process) are available for 24 hour races if desired
• Clutch shaft to suit customer installation is included
• Gearbox weight 77Kg (170lb) *
THE GEARBOX OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
• Light, positive sequential gearchange
• Quick change gear ratios
• Low centre of Gravity
• Cost effective, reliable solution
• Super polished gear ratios (Xtrem Process)
• Gear ground & super polished gear ratios & final drive (Xtrem Process)
• Single stage oil pump/filter lubrication system
• Bespoke suspension plate
• Gearchange potentiometer, mounting and display
• Quick release detent cable
• In car gear lever assembly
Call me back
Please fill in your details below and one of our team will call you back